Practice Areas

Family Based Immigration

Whether your relative is in the United States or abroad, we can help you petition for them so that may legalize their status or lawfully immigrate. 

A Relative Petition can be filed as follows:

  • U.S. citizen petitioning for Parent(s)
  • U.S. citizen petitioning for Spouse
  • U.S. citizen petitioning for Children
  • Lawful Permanent Resident petitioning for Spouse
  • Lawful Permanent Resident petitioning for Unmarried Children

If your relative is in the United States, it possible they may file for adjustment of status before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). If your relative lives abroad, then they will immigrate to the United States through consular processing which involves working with National Visa Center (NVC).


After being a lawful permanent resident of the United States for the requisite time, we can help you apply before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to become a United States citizen.  This process is commonly referred to as “naturalization”.

 You may be eligible to apply for U.S. citizen under one of the following circumstances:

  • Based on Lawful Permanent Resident Status for 5 years
  • Based on marriage to a U.S. citizen for at least 3 years
  • Based on VAWA status
  • Based on military service

 In addition to meeting one of these bases to apply, you must also be able to establish that you are a person of good moral character and meet the physical presence and residence requirements.

 There also may be situations in which you could be eligible to naturalize in your native language if you meet the requirements or you can seek a medical waiver for the Naturalization Civics and English Test upon certification from your doctor and subsequent approval of immigration.


If you are seeking to immigrate to the United States or legalize your status, it may be necessary for you to apply for a waiver if you have a criminal record, if you have spent time in the United States while not having legal status, or if you have an order of deportation. Whether you are before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the National Visa Center (NVC) or the Executive Office of Immigration Review (EOIR) – the immigration court, we can help you apply for a waiver if you are eligible which would then allow you to obtain the legal status you seek.

 The following are the different types of waivers you might be required to file before one of the agencies of immigration and we can help you with any upon determining your eligibility.

  • Unlawful Presence Waivers
    • Unlawful Presence Waiver
    • I-601A Provisional Waiver
  • Criminal Waivers
    • 212(c) waiver
    • 212(h) waiver
  • Fraud Waivers
    • 212(i) Waiver
    • 237(a)(1)(H) Waiver
  • Inadmissibility Waiver
    • 212(d)(3)
  • J Visa Waiver

Victims of Crime Visas

If you’ve been a victim of a certain crime or suffered physical or mental abuse from a spouse who is a lawful permanent resident of the United States or a citizen, you may be eligible to apply for your green card.  We can help determine if the crime of which you’ve been a victim renders you eligible and help you seek the visa before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

As a victim of a crime, you may be eligible for relief based on one of the following visas:

  • VAWA Visas for a Battered Spouse of U.S. citizen or lawful permanent residents
  • T Visas for victims of human trafficking
  • U Visas for victims of certain crimes

Deportation Defense

If you have received a Notice To Appear (NTA), it is very likely that you have been placed in removal or as formerly known, deportation proceedings. We can represent you at any stage of the deportation process whether it is the Master Hearing or Individual Hearing or dealing with the Call Up Date deadline placed by the immigration judge.  Ideally however, you want to retain legal representation prior to the Master Hearing as anything you admit to or concede at that hearing can impact your future eligibility for relief.

Before the Immigration Court we can help you with applying for relief which can consist of one of the following:

  • Requests for Prosecutorial Discretions
  • Voluntary Departure
  • Cancellation of Removal for Non-Permanent Residents (EOIR42B)
  • Cancellation of Removal for Lawful Permanent Residents (EOIR42A)
  • Adjustment of Status
  • Cuban Adjustment of Status
  • Adjustment of Status + a Waiver
  • De Novo Review of I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

We can represent any foreign national whether they are detained or not in any of the following immigration courts:

Miami Immigration Court

333 South Miami Ave.
Miami, FL 33130

Krome Immigration Court

18201 SW 12th Street
Miami, FL 33194

Broward Transitional Center Immigration Court

3900 N Powerline Rd
Pompano Beach, FL 33073

All other immigration courts in the U.S. as immigration law is federal law and immigration attorneys are allowed to represent foreign nationals before any of the 50 U.S. immigration courts.

If you have already had your opportunity to appear before the immigration court and it did not go well.  We can possibly help you with filing an appeal before the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) or seek other post court relief whether it is a filing a motion to reopen, joint motion to reopen, a stay of deportation or even an appeal before the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeal.  However, it is important to act in a timely matter as there are deadlines relating these forms of relief that must be acted upon the specified time set by immigration law.

 Post court relief that may be available to you are the following:

  • Filing an appeal before the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) or the District Court of Appeals
  • Filing a Motion to Reopen
        ○ Before the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA)
        ○ Before the Immigration Court
        ○ Joint Motion to Reopen

Juvenile Cases

If a foreign national minor (under 18 years old) has been abused, abandoned or neglected by one or both of his or her parents and the juvenile court determines that reunification with the parent is not viable, it is possible for the minor to obtain lawful permanent resident status under the Special Immigration Juvenile (SIJ) visa regardless of his or her manner of entry into the United States. 

Dependency Petitions

The first step in obtaining the special immigrant juvenile (SIJ) visa is obtaining a dependency order.  We help minors obtain a dependency order in dependency proceedings whether in Dade, Broward, Monroe or West Palm Beach counties. Unlike immigration law, a dependency order is obtained from a State Court and therefore we are limited to the State of Florida. It is a crucial step to obtain a properly worded dependency order as the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) requires the following before it is able to grant a SIJ visa:

  • The minor must be declared dependent upon a juvenile court in the United States, or such a court has legally committed to or placed under the custody of an agency or department of a State, or an individual or entity appointed by a State or juvenile court;
  • The minor must be the subject of a determination by a juvenile court in the United States that reunification with one or both of the juvenile’s parents is not viable due to abuse, neglect, abandonment, or a similar basis under State law; and
  • The minor be the subject of administrative or judicial proceedings that determined that it would not be in the juvenile’s best interest to be returned to the juvenile’s or his or her parent’s country of nationality or last habitual residence.

Once these requisite orders are obtained in dependency proceedings, then the minor is able to simultaneously apply for the SIJ visa and lawful permanent residence if a visa is immediately available.

Special Immigrant Juvenile (SIJ) Visas

Once we have successfully obtained the dependency order, it is important to act in a timely manner to the seek the SIJ visa before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) because while the dependency order must be obtained prior to the minor’s 18th birthday, we can only file for the SIJ visa prior to the minor’s 21st birthday.  As SIJs visas are not readily available, it is usually necessary to first obtain the SIJ visa, wait until a visa is available and then apply for adjustment of status. Regardless of the process or step you’re in, we can help with obtaining SIJ lawful permanent residence.  

Deferred Action

Deferred action is referred to immigration’s decision to defer the deportation of an individual or in some occasions even individuals of a certain nationality.  Deferred action is relief that can be granted by the immigration different agencies whether it the Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or Enforcement and Removal (ERO).  Obtaining deferred action does not grant you lawful permanent resident status, but it does allow you the opportunity to obtain a work permit if you can establish an economic necessity for it.

 Possible forms of deferred action consist of the following:

  • Dreamers – Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
  • Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
        ○ Currently available for nationals of El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Haiti, Venezuela, and Sudan
  • Stay of Deportation
  • Order of Supervision

Employed Based Immigration

If you’re an employer needing to hire foreign nationals, we can help find the best way for your business to do so.  If you’re foreign national looking to immigrate to the United States through employment or as an investor, we can help you determine the best course of action to take.

We can help you with any of the following:

  • Religious Visa (R-1) for foreign nationals coming to work solely as a minister, in a religious vocation, or in a religious occupation
  • L-1A Visa for intracompany transferees that hold managerial or executive positions
  • L-1B Visa for intracompany transferees that hold positions requiring specialized knowledge
  • H-1B Visa
  • E-1 Treat Trader Visa
  • E-2 Investor Visa
  • Labor Certification
  • TN Visas for NAFTA Professionals

Non-Immigrant Visas

If you need help applying for a B-2 Tourist Visa we can help you apply while you’re abroad.  If you’re in the United States looking to change your status to another non-immigrant visa, we can help you apply for the change status.  Typically, we help those who entered as a tourist change their status to that of F-1, Student.

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

Kendall Field Office

14675 SW 120th Street
Miami, FL 33186

Miami Field Office

8801 NW 7th Ave
Miami, FL 33150

Oakland Field Office

4451 NW 31st Ave
Oakland Park, FL 33309

Hialeah Field Office

5880 NW 183rd Street
Hialeah, FL 33015

We represent foreign nationals appearing before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services Field Offices throughout the 50 United States or in particular the field offices located in South Florida.

 Our services before any of the USCIS Field Offices consists of the following:

  • Interview preparation
  • Representation at any interview before USCIS
  • Marriage based applications for residency
  • Cuban Adjustment
  • Relative Petition Interviews
  • Parole in Place Requests
  • Cuban Parole Requests
  • Emergency Based Advance Paroles
  • Naturalization applications and interview representation
  • Temporary Protected Status (TPS) initial and renewal application
  • Re-Entry Applications
  • Visa Extensions or Change of Status
  • Work Permit Applications
  • VAWA Adjustment of Status or Naturalization
  • U-Visa Residency
  • Appeals before the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO)
  • Motions to Reconsider or Reopen before USCIS